The Quebec Black Medical Association Scholarships depend on the generosity of the community. Please donate any amount to help the QBMA distribute Scholarships to deserving students.
All contributions are tax deductible.
Electronic tax receipts are available immediately following your donation.
The Board of Directors is elected every year by QBMA members. The current board is made up of the following persons:
- Elrie C. Tucker, M.D., President
- Claude Manigat, M.D., Vice-President
- Erin Hogg, R. N., Secretary
- Marie-Claude Lambert, Treasurer
- Enza Pagnelli, Rec. Secretary
- Doug Mitchell, B.C.L., LL.B
- Stephanee Bakare, M.D.
- Ian Wong, Legal counsel
The QBMA has constituted a charitable trust, known as the QBMA Research and Education Fund. Its main objectives were to:
- Fund projects to promote and contribute to public education and understanding of the medical sciences;
- Fund projects to enhance the quality of public, medical or social services provided to disadvantaged persons
- Fund grants for Black students from deprived economic or cultural backgrounds to pursue studies in the medical sciences; and
- Provide grants to Black students who have demonstrated leadership, past or potential academic achievements, community or extra-curricular involvement, allowing them to pursue studies in the medical sciences.
Message From The President Dr. Elrie C. Tucker
The Quebec Black Medical Association celebrates its twentieth anniversary. Most business analysts are of the opinion that the hurdles of the first three to five years are crucial in the life of any new venture. Not only did the QBMA succeed in the crossing of the “five year” barrier but it also managed to make its way to the end of a second decade.
In those past twenty years, the QBMA has helped close to 500 bright, motivated and socially involved young people to have access to various careers in the field of health care. Many of them are now active in direct care or in research within universities or private firms. The Quebec Black Medical Association was happy and proud to help them realize their dreams of a worthy career.
Thank you QBMA!
It's a great and wonderful way to help those who are in need. As we all know, the cost of books can be very expensive. This is my way of saying thank you to the QBMA; I am grateful for the help they provided Tiffany in an needful time. Thank you very much once again. Keep up the good work!
Brenda St-Cyr, Parent of QBMA Scholarship Recipient