The Quebec Black Medical Association Scholarships depend on the generosity of the community. Please donate any amount to help the QBMA distribute Scholarships to deserving students.
All contributions are tax deductible.
Electronic tax receipts are available immediately following your donation.
Apply for the QBMA Scholarship
The QBMA has constituted a charitable trust, known as the QBMA Research and Education Fund. Its main objectives were to:
- Fund projects to promote and contribute to public education and understanding of the medical sciences;
- Fund projects to enhance the quality of public, medical or social services provided to disadvantaged persons
- Fund grants for Black students from deprived economic or cultural backgrounds to pursue studies in the medical sciences; and
- Provide grants to Black students who have demonstrated leadership, past or potential academic achievements, community or extra-curricular involvement, allowing them to pursue studies in the medical sciences.
Every year, the Quebec Black Medical Association awards scholarships to deserving individuals. We welcome your application!
- Full-time student registered in a Medically related field in a Quebec high school, Cegep or University
- Involvement in the Black Community
- Satisfactory Academic Record
- Application form
- A curriculum vitae
- A transcript of your last completed academic year
- Cegep or University proof of acceptance if it applies
- An essay of at least one page explaining why you would be a worthy recipient of a QBMA Scholarship
- Two letters of reference (one must be from your teacher/professor and the other must be an attestation of your community involvement)
- Two passport pictures
*Deadline extended* : Tuesday April 16th 2013 at 4pm.
The Scholarship application form can be downloaded below (Également disponible en francais)
Please make 10 Copies of your entire application package
If you are awarded a QBMA scholarship, you could be asked to present a poster or ashort presentation at the QBMA symposium either on:
- Your current research project if applicable or
- A health related subject that you are interested in (some examples may be: a disease, a current scientific research) or
- Studies/work done by our sponsors
Follow the links for more information
All inquiries should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may submit your application in person or by mail to:
Selection Committee For The Scholarships
Quebec Black Medical Association
1832 Sherbrooke West, 1st Floor
Montreal, QC, H3H 1E4
Tel: (514) 937-8822
|QBMA Scholarship Application 2013 (ENGLISH).pdf||109.2 KB|
|QBMA Scholarship Application 2013 (FRENCH).pdf||109.47 KB|
Message From The President Dr. Elrie C. Tucker
The Quebec Black Medical Association celebrates its twentieth anniversary. Most business analysts are of the opinion that the hurdles of the first three to five years are crucial in the life of any new venture. Not only did the QBMA succeed in the crossing of the “five year” barrier but it also managed to make its way to the end of a second decade.
In those past twenty years, the QBMA has helped close to 500 bright, motivated and socially involved young people to have access to various careers in the field of health care. Many of them are now active in direct care or in research within universities or private firms. The Quebec Black Medical Association was happy and proud to help them realize their dreams of a worthy career.
Thank you QBMA!
It's a great and wonderful way to help those who are in need. As we all know, the cost of books can be very expensive. This is my way of saying thank you to the QBMA; I am grateful for the help they provided Tiffany in an needful time. Thank you very much once again. Keep up the good work!
Brenda St-Cyr, Parent of QBMA Scholarship Recipient